Angela Martini always knew she wanted to be an artist, just not the starving kind, so she decided to be an illustrator when she grew up. So far her plan has worked out rather well. After graduating with a BFA in Illustration from The Fashion Institute of Technology, she worked as a fashion illustrator, a coat check girl, a web designer, and a character creator for a design firm. Now she works from home as a freelance illustrator creating whimsical artwork for the teen and tween crowd. She's illustrated four books for American Girl and numerous book covers for Scholastic, Penguin, Simon & Schuster and Random House.
Angela lives in Brooklyn, New York and in her spare time she likes to take photos of her two cats and tries, along with her husband, to tame their spoiled chihuahua.
Selected Titles by Angela Martini:
• Stand Up for Yourself and Your Friends: Dealing with Bullies and Bossiness and Finding a Better Way
• A Smart Girl's Guide to Parties
• A Smart Girl's Guide to Starting Middle School
• A Smart Girl's Guide to Friendship Troubles
• Fiona Finkelstein, Big-Time Ballerina!!